Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Blog #3

Food Inventory

Friday
  • Pretzels
  • 1/2 an order of PF Chang's Lettuce wraps
  • One bowl of sweet and sour soup
  • 5 beers (Miller Lite. Ew, I know)
  • 1 Gin and Tonic
  • 1 Singapore Sling
Saturday
  • 1 turkey bratwurst
  • pasta salad
  • Cobb salad
  • strawberries and grapes
  • 2 Bloody Marys
  • 1 beer (312)
  • 1 piece of birthday cake
Sunday

  • 2 cups of coffee
  • one chocolate doughnut
  • 1/2 of a chicken breast
  • rice
  • one ear of corn
  • tossed salad
  • 4 pieces of cheese pizza (squares)
  • watermelon
  • 2 beers (Shiner Bock)
Monday
  • 1 cup of coffee
  • 1 Nature Valley granola bar
  • 1/2 an apple
  • 6 pretzel logs
  • 1 mozzarella string cheese
  • tossed salad
  • spicy vegetables
  • rice
  • Edamame
  • 2 beers (Sapporo)
Tuesday
  • 1 egg with Colby cheese on 1/2 a tortilla
  • Southwestern chicken salad
  • half a bag of potato straws
  • 2 pieces of pizza (triangle)
  • tossed salad
Wednesday
  • 1 cup of coffee
  • 1 banana
  • 1/2 an apple
  • 1 Laughing Cow Cheese
  • 1 handful of unsalted almonds
  • pretzels
  • baby carrots
  • chips and salsa
  • 1 portabella mushroom
  • potatoes
  • cooked carrots
  • peas
My Food Theory So Far...
 My theory so far is less about what I eat and more about how I eat.  After doing this assignment it became clear to me that I only eat full meals in the company of other people.  When I am alone, or at work, I just eat little snacks or nothing at all.  In the company of others I feel comfortable enough to actually eat meals.  I believe this is because the fact that everyone else is eating allows me to validate my hunger and my want for food.  If everyone else is doing it I can be comfortable enough to as well.  However, if I am by myself I do not allow myself to eat large portions or meals at all.  I need the presence of others to allow myself to satisfy my hunger.

*I also wanted to point out that I am not an alcoholic! I felt like as soon as I wrote down the amount that I drank and the fact that it happened almost every day surprised me and made me feel awful!

1 comment:

  1. Interesting realizations you came to after reviewing your food log--that you need the validation of a group and that you control your food intake when alone. How much of this is female specific? In other words, as a woman, are you more conscious of food intake?

    ReplyDelete